Check this out.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My First Tut!

Ok so here is my try at this tut writing business. It is cut short at the bottom due to real life issues that seems to be tearing my heart out. Yea I am belly-achin about it ....soooo?






Supplies

Kit : Warm Autumn HERE

Tube: Deacon Black's Beeotch found  HERE

Font: I used Giddyup STD

1.  Open new image 600 by 600 transparent background.

2.  Open up frame 4 from your elements folder and press Shift D and resize THE COPY with the following setting

    Width:
    Heigth:
    Pixels selected. Make sure Resample using Bicubic is selected along with
    Lock aspect ration and resize all layers.
   
    Close the original image.

3.  Copy and Paste onto your blank canvas as a new layer. I like to name my layers so I can keep track
    so rename this layer Frame if you would like.

4.  With your Frame selected go to Image >> Free Rotate >> 10.00 and to the right.

5.  Open up your papers folder and select paper 2 and copy and paste into the tag >> rename paper >> move below frame

6.  Now the easiest way I could do this was go to your frame layer and make sure it is selected. Go to selections >>
    select all >> float >> defloat >> invert. Take you eraser tool and make your active layer the paper layer >>
    Erase all around the OUTSIDE of the frame.

7.  Selection >> select none

8.  Make the frame your active layer and add a drop shadow with the following settings

    Vertical: 0
    Horizontal: 0
    Opacity: 100
    Blur: 12.00
    Color: Black
    I did this on the same layer as the frame.

9.  Open up your Beeeothc tube >> Copy and paste as a new layer in your tag and free rotate 10.00

10. Position in the center of the frame >> duplicate >> drag your bottom bee below the frame and hide. Now on your top bee
    erase her legs so it looks like her bottom half is behind the ribbon and frame. Now I erased only a small bit around her
    hand so it looked as if it were still over the ribbon. This is all up to you though.

11. Make the bottom bee visible and add a drop shadow. Merge the 2 bee tubes and the shadow if it was put on a seperate layer.

12. It is really up to you on what embellisments you would like to use but I have used the following :

    String 1 and 2
    Buttons 1, 2, and 3
    Bird 1 and 2
        Birdhouse

    There were no special effects done to any of these I just simply resized to the way I liked and added a drop shadow.


Now as of now this is the best my tuts get until I learn how to make them better and my nerves calm down.

No comments:

Post a Comment